Buffalo wings are a popular American appetizer known for their spicy and tangy flavor. They are typically made with deep-fried chicken wings coated in a hot sauce mixture and served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. Here’s a simple recipe to make classic Buffalo wings at home:
For the wings:
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into drumettes and flats
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Buffalo sauce:
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust for spiciness)
- Celery sticks
- Blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- Preheat your deep fryer or a large pot filled with vegetable oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper.
- In batches, carefully place the chicken wings into the hot oil, and fry them for about 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Make sure not to overcrowd the fryer or pot.
- Once the wings are cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil, allowing any excess oil to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot sauce, melted butter, white vinegar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to create the Buffalo sauce.
- Add the fried chicken wings to the bowl of Buffalo sauce, and toss them until they are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve the Buffalo wings on a platter with celery sticks on the side and a bowl of blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping.
Enjoy your homemade Buffalo wings as a delicious appetizer or a game-day snack. The combination of spicy, tangy sauce and crispy chicken wings is sure to be a hit at any gathering or party!