here’s a simple recipe for cooking mutton bone marrow:
Mutton Bone Marrow Fry Recipe:
- Mutton bone marrow (usually obtained from leg bones)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley), chopped (optional)
- Garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Bread slices or toast, for serving
- 500g mutton bone marrow, cleaned and cut into pieces
- gee and oil
Motton Bone marrow – Instructions
- Clean the mutton bone marrow thoroughly by removing any excess fat or membrane. Cut it into pieces of desired size.
- Marinate the bone marrow pieces with turmeric powder, red chili powder, and a pinch of salt. Set aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the marinated bone marrow pieces to the pan and cook them until they turn golden brown on all sides. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil if needed. Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Tomatoes and Spices:
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and the oil starts to separate.
- Cooking Bone Marrow:
- Add the cooked bone marrow pieces back to the pan. Mix well to coat them with the onion-tomato mixture.
- Add salt and garam masala. Adjust the salt and spice level according to your taste.
- Cover the pan and let the bone marrow pieces cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Once the bone marrow is cooked and tender, remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the mutton bone marrow fry hot with roti, naan, or rice.
Please note that cooking times might vary based on the size of the bone marrow pieces and the tenderness of the meat. Always ensure that the bone marrow is thoroughly cooked before serving.